Year 6 teachers
Welcome to the Year 6 area of the FaradaySchools website!
Overall the key message for students is that science is not necessarily incompatible with faith. Some useful ideas you might want to share with children are –
* Scientists are a diverse community – some have a religious faith and some do not.
* Science and religion are mostly concerned with different types of questions.
The lessons provided support the Primary Science National Curriculum and the Primary RE National Framework:
Science Key Stage 2, Year 6 National Curriculum
Children will learn to
* recognise that living things have changed over time and that fossils provide information about living things that inhabited the Earth millions of years ago
* recognise that living things produce offspring of the same kind, but normally offspring vary and are not identical to their parents
* identify how animals and plants are adapted to suit their environment in different ways and that adaptation may lead to evolution.
Primary Key Stage 2 RE
* Pupils discuss diferent perspectives on questions about the beginnings of life on Earth, so that they can describe different ways science and religions treat questions of origins